Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zudar
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dense Stacked Column & Line Chart based On Date Hierarchy.. but including Hour

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with this Column/Line chart that I need to be dense and not requiring to scroll horizontally. Using a Date Hierarchy on the shared axis works beautifully, but the twist is that I need it to be an hourly chart instead of a daily one. When I add the hour below the Date and drill down, the graph loses its 'dense' look (see screenshots below).

Anyone who knows how to fix this? Or should I look for custom visualizations to make this happen? Could you recommend one?

DailyDaily

Drilled down to the hourDrilled down to the hour

Thank you! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @zudar ,

Sorry for that if you drill down, the X-axis type cannot configure to continuous, it will show the detail.

So maybe you can combine the Date column and Hour column to one column, and use the new column to be the X-axis.

Date_Hours = 'table'[Date] + TIME('table'[Hours],00,00)

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the response.

I actually don't want to drill at all. Or better put: I don't want my end-users having to drill down and up. I really need to have an hourly column, it's a strict requirement for this graph. But I need to have a lot more columns to be seen at one glance than what I'm getting right now.. (the second screenshot I posted).

Hi @zudar ,

Sorry for that if you drill down, the X-axis type cannot configure to continuous, it will show the detail.

So maybe you can combine the Date column and Hour column to one column, and use the new column to be the X-axis.

Date_Hours = 'table'[Date] + TIME('table'[Hours],00,00)

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Hi, It really was that simple! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors