Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DW868990
Helper IV
Helper IV

Deneb - Vega Lite - Format Slider Parameter

Hi, 

I have gone throught he vega -lite documentation but its not to clear, can you format a slider thats created from a parameter like the below:
"params": [
{
"name": "Data_Label_Size",
"value": 11,
"bind": {"input": "range", "min": 6, "max": 16, "step": 1}
}
]

DW868990_0-1674205420178.png

Are you able to format:
a) Can the name of the slider include spaces when multiple words?
b) The color & font size of the name of the slider?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
giammariam
Super User
Super User

Hey @DW868990. You can change the label of the slider by updating the "name" in the bind property.

giammariam_0-1674224132567.png

{
  "$schema": "https://vega.github.io/schema/vega/v5.json",
  "background": "white",
  "padding": 5,
  "data": [],
  "signals": [
    {
      "react": true,
      "bind": {"input": "range", "min": 6, "max": 16, "step": 1, "name": "Data Label Size"}
    }
  ],
  "marks": []
}

As for adjusting the look and feel, I do not believe this can be done directly in vega/vega-lite (not 100% certain). I think the intention was to have the application containing the visual be responsible for all input formatting. You can see that Deneb has done some of this formatting by comparing your screenshot to the mine that was created in the vega-lite editor. It'd be nice to make this, and other input formatting properties, customizable. I have created a feature request with @dm-p (the creator of Deneb) for this.

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
giammariam
Super User
Super User

Hey @DW868990. You can change the label of the slider by updating the "name" in the bind property.

giammariam_0-1674224132567.png

{
  "$schema": "https://vega.github.io/schema/vega/v5.json",
  "background": "white",
  "padding": 5,
  "data": [],
  "signals": [
    {
      "react": true,
      "bind": {"input": "range", "min": 6, "max": 16, "step": 1, "name": "Data Label Size"}
    }
  ],
  "marks": []
}

As for adjusting the look and feel, I do not believe this can be done directly in vega/vega-lite (not 100% certain). I think the intention was to have the application containing the visual be responsible for all input formatting. You can see that Deneb has done some of this formatting by comparing your screenshot to the mine that was created in the vega-lite editor. It'd be nice to make this, and other input formatting properties, customizable. I have created a feature request with @dm-p (the creator of Deneb) for this.

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!

Fantastic, thank you and thanks for raising the feature request. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors