Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Delivery indicators classification

Hi there,

I have a table with the following values:

LatestDateToBeDelivered | ActualDateOfDelivery | LateDeliveryIndicator

03/01/2019                       03/01/2019                                  1

04/01/2019                       03/01/2019                                  1

07/01/2019                       28/01/2019                                  5

19/01/2019                       14/01/2019                                  3

22/01/2019                       26/01/2019                                  4

15/02/2019                       17/02/2019                                  2

What I want to get is classification of these Late Deliveries in a way that I could split them as following: not late = 1, 1-3 days late = 2, 4-7 days late = 3, 8-15 days late = 4 and 15 or more days = 5. For now, I only have first two columns.

What I already used, was this, and it worked perfectly -> https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Measure-on-time-delivery-performance-and-slice-by-origin/m-...

However, now I would like to say more about it than Late or On-time since being a day or two late is not a big deal, but being late more than a week is an alarm.

Anybody had a similar issue?

5 REPLIES 5
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

You may add a measure to get LateDeliveryIndicator>=3 or other values like below.Then use it in visual level filter to get the alarm.

Measure = IF([LatestDateToBeDelivered]>=3,1)

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherie,

Many thanks for your reply and time to explain. However, this solution does not work for me at all. When I try to create a new measure with the formulae you provided, the result I get is ''A single value for column 'LatestDateToBeDelivered' in table 'XY' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count or sum to get a single result."

Wouldn't it make more sense to make it similar to your but with the full formula expression where I can say something like this:

IF([LatestDateToBeDelivered] >=  [ActualDateOfDelivery], >= 3, 1)

Sorry for my bad DAX skills, but I would read this if latest date to be delivered is greater or equal to actual date of delivery, for the value of 3, then classify as 1. Does this make sense?

Hi @Anonymous 

You may try below measure with DATEDIFF function.Then use it in filter.

Measure =
IF (
    DATEDIFF (
        SUM ( Table1[LatestDateToBeDelivered] ),
        SUM ( Table1[ActualDateOfDelivery] ),
        DAY
    ) >= 3,
)

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft ,

Unfortunately, this does not help either. Although, I did manage to use DATEDIFF function to retrieve some values back in the form I would like them. Many thanks for your help!

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you share some data sample and expected output?You can upload the .pbix file to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.