Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting an untethered App with no Dataset

So when I was super new to Power BI and playing around with it, I published a Dataset, then published an App linked to that Dataset. 

I have then subsequently deleted the Dataset. But the App is still present, and there is no option to delete it. You can't get to it via a Workspace because it doesn't have one. All I can do it remove it from My Apps, but it's still in the App Store. 

It shows all the data that was in the Dataset. Our Power BI Adminstrator at work is stumped, I suspect this is a Microsoft loophole, not sure if there is a way to solve this. There is literlly no delete option anywhere I can see within the App itself.

Any suggestions gratefully received! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you update the app after you delete the dataset in the app workspace?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your issue been solved? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.