Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Karolina411
Resolver II
Resolver II

Deleting Created Folders in Model View

Hello

I have sifted through help menus here and cannot locate a simple thing:  How to delete created folders in the Model View: 

Karolina411_0-1657559342575.png

Any suggestions?  I have the May 2021 version.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Karolina411 ,

These folders look like display folders that have been created in you power BI Desktop file.

You can definitely delete these folders. For this you need to navigate to modelling tab and then under properties you have display folder option. Just remove them from here.

Pragati11_0-1657560613245.png

So for example, I have an Agency details folder as shown below:

Pragati11_1-1657560687804.png

Now if I want to remove this, I just erase the name from the display folder section and hit enter. The folder gets removed and fields are out of folder structure in your dataset.

test111.gif

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

Karolina411
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thank you!  I was thinking about that way but did not want to try it!!  I appreciate it so much as that is not mentioned in the tutorials I have seen.

I was trying to delete by all means using Tabular Editor and just couldn't, this did the trick! Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Linnil
Helper II
Helper II

That solution is SO not intuitive! Thanks for that.

Karolina411
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thank you!  I was thinking about that way but did not want to try it!!  I appreciate it so much as that is not mentioned in the tutorials I have seen.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Karolina411 ,

These folders look like display folders that have been created in you power BI Desktop file.

You can definitely delete these folders. For this you need to navigate to modelling tab and then under properties you have display folder option. Just remove them from here.

Pragati11_0-1657560613245.png

So for example, I have an Agency details folder as shown below:

Pragati11_1-1657560687804.png

Now if I want to remove this, I just erase the name from the display folder section and hit enter. The folder gets removed and fields are out of folder structure in your dataset.

test111.gif

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

I was trying to delete by all means using Tabular Editor and just couldn't, this did the trick! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.