Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Delete pending changes

Hello,
I've been looking for a way to not apply the pending changes, but haven't had any luck. Is there an option or way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delete pending changes

Hi @elz,

Based on my research, whatever we have done in the Query Editor, the warning "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" will throw out in the report. Some changes we can find in the Applied Steps, and other changes like rename the dataset will not be listed, so that we are not able to know whether we have performed this operation. If you don't want to apply those pending changes, please close the Query Editor without Apply.

Currently, there is no OOTB feature for us to know pending changes. For this issue, I would suggest you submit a feedback in Power BI Idea forum.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@elz

You can just go to query editor and delete the steps that are additional to the original. Once you do close and apply it won't show to apply pending changes as they are deleted.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Ankit,

I guess that would work, but I don't know what changes were made and since then I have saved the file. I think that there should be an option to view a list of the changes and be able to select which changes to delete.

Tracy

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

@elz Outside of the steps you may make in altering the data set as Ankit mentions, there is no "version control" built into Power BI at the moment.

There are a couple requests for that functionality, I suggest you add some votes to one or both of these.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9677517-source-control

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7861287-dataset-report-version-co...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elz,

Based on my research, whatever we have done in the Query Editor, the warning "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" will throw out in the report. Some changes we can find in the Applied Steps, and other changes like rename the dataset will not be listed, so that we are not able to know whether we have performed this operation. If you don't want to apply those pending changes, please close the Query Editor without Apply.

Currently, there is no OOTB feature for us to know pending changes. For this issue, I would suggest you submit a feedback in Power BI Idea forum.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Eno,
I just posted and voted on one of the links you suggested. My concern is that the request is almost a year old.
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

@elz While not commented on, I do know that any request on the boards does get evaluated if it receieves over a certain amount of votes. These appear to have both met those numbers, hopefully they will get commented on to let use know if/when they will be implemented. Get as much support for the idea from colleagues if you can. I know that the product team watches those request boards for activity.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

hi eno,
yes, i agree. i thought that these requests had enough votes. i personally, don't need something as extensive as "version control". my guess is that for the message that there are pending changes to appear, a value is stored in a field in the software. i would just want to have an option that lets me disable the pending changes message not applied functionality, if that makes sense. having the ability to "see" what the changes are, aren't important to me at this time. plus, i know that developing a version control module from scratch, could take a long time.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

hi qiuyun,
i have tried closing the query editor without applying the changes . i think this becomes a problem, when you make a change in the query editor, select "close", then go and make changes to a report and only want to save the changes you make to the report. perhaps adding an option to the apply changes dialog box that you get when you save the file, that says cancel pending changes made in the query editor would help.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elz,

What we can do currently is to cancel changes, we can click Undo button in Query Editor. But it's hard to find which steps are canceled. So if you have any feedback, you can post it in Power BI Idea forum.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors