Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nikhill90
Frequent Visitor

Delete only 2 particular rows

Hi All,

I am loading data from Google Analytics, and on one of the days there was an influx of users, which was just a mistake for an hour but since it did happen, the data is now included. Once I load this data, I want to delete just 2 rows at that specific date and time so that my data remains clean. I tried Sorting in descending order and then removing top row, which helps for just 1 row but not the other. There should be a provision to delete just 1 row of data without having to do all this. But right now, if some one could help me, would be really great.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

There is, it just isn't available in the GUI, you need to use Table.RemoveRows I think.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt260783.aspx

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSs7JL01RitUBsvJzC0pLMvPSwbyUxJJEMCMxLzGnsiQzuRiiCKRcAVNSAYs5WJWhWJKcn1dSlJ+jFBsLAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Text = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Text", type text}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 0, 1),
    #"Remove Row 5" = Table.RemoveRows(#"Added Index",4)
in
    #"Remove Row 5"

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Nikhill90 wrote:

Hi All,

I am loading data from Google Analytics, and on one of the days there was an influx of users, which was just a mistake for an hour but since it did happen, the data is now included. Once I load this data, I want to delete just 2 rows at that specific date and time so that my data remains clean. I tried Sorting in descending order and then removing top row, which helps for just 1 row but not the other. There should be a provision to delete just 1 row of data without having to do all this. But right now, if some one could help me, would be really great.

@Nikhill90

You can try to filter out the rows unexpected by specifying the individual datetimes.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUTIyMDTXNTAEIgVDEysDQysDA6VYnWglIzQ5UysDIytDU7CcMaacMUzOBE3ODGiglaGZUmwsAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [id = _t, datetime = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"id", Int64.Type}, {"datetime", type datetime}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each ([datetime] = #datetime(2017, 1, 1, 14, 1, 0) or [datetime] = #datetime(2017, 1, 1, 16, 0, 16)))
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Nikhill90 wrote:

Hi All,

@Nikhill90

You can try to filter out the rows unexpected by specifying the individual datetimes.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUTIyMDTXNTAEIgVDEysDQysDA6VYnWglIzQ5UysDIytDU7CcMaacMUzOBE3ODGiglaGZUmwsAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [id = _t, datetime = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"id", Int64.Type}, {"datetime", type datetime}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each ([datetime] = #datetime(2017, 1, 1, 14, 1, 0) or [datetime] = #datetime(2017, 1, 1, 16, 0, 16)))
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Capture.PNG

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

There is, it just isn't available in the GUI, you need to use Table.RemoveRows I think.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt260783.aspx

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSs7JL01RitUBsvJzC0pLMvPSwbyUxJJEMCMxLzGnsiQzuRiiCKRcAVNSAYs5WJWhWJKcn1dSlJ+jFBsLAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Text = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Text", type text}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 0, 1),
    #"Remove Row 5" = Table.RemoveRows(#"Added Index",4)
in
    #"Remove Row 5"

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

fantastic!

you just need to be REALLY careful what you type.

took me numerous attempts to get it right (as I'm pretty new to this though).

let
    Source = Excel.Workbook( File.Contents("D:\_Ulm\# ECE Data Analyst\Power BI\LTE_eNB_Feature_Build_Plan 960051.xlsm"), null, true),
    cap_Sheet = Source{[Item="cap", Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(cap_Sheet,{{"Column1", type any}, {"Column2", type any}, {"Column3", type any}, …, {"Column941", type any}}),
    #"Removed Top Rows" = Table.Skip(#"Changed Type",3),
    #"Removed Bottom Rows" = Table.RemoveLastN(#"Removed Top Rows",22),
    #"Removed Bottom Rows1" = Table.RemoveLastN(#"Removed Bottom Rows",1),
    #"Remove Row 2 only" = Table.RemoveRows(#"Removed Bottom Rows1",1,1),
    #"Remove Row 3and4" = Table.RemoveRows(#"Remove Row 2 only",1,2)
in
    #"Remove Row 3and4"

with

#"Remove Row 2 only" = Table.RemoveRows(#"Removed Bottom Rows1",1,1),

...it removes just the 2nd row, and with

#"Remove Row 3and4" = Table.RemoveRows(#"Remove Row 2 only",1,2)

...it removes row 2 and 3 of what's left over after the previous step.

notes:

in command Table.RemoveRows

• the 1st parameter is the reference to the previous step name
  • the 2nd parameter is the absolute row number of what's left after all previous steps
    => as row 2 was to be deleted and parameter is 1 it's obvious that the row counting starts with 0
  • the 3rd parameter is the number of rows to be removed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.