Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brunoRF
Frequent Visitor

Delete collumn from table and refresh

Hi all,

Do you know how to permanantly delete collumn from a table and refresh with a new table without the collumns?

When I do it I get an error saying it could not not finde the deleted collumns.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brunoRF  For visual tables you should be able to remove the information from the "Values" section in visualizations. If it is a column in your data you can also delete this in the query editor. 

If this doesn't address your issue can you post a picture of what you want to delete for more context? 

yes but when i delete them in the query and i delete them in sql...when i refresh the table power bi still asks for the deleted collums

hi, @brunoRF 

You should have some steps in your query that explicitly reference the deleted column. You can open advanced editor on  your query, then find the deleted column in it, and correct the codes in advanced editor. This way, you will be able to refresh data in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors