Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Delay in loading data model.

I'm having trouble loading any data model like excel or sql server. At the time of obtaining data I get a Load window where it indicates that it is "loading the data model" but it stays there for long hours,

I have the Power Bi desktop Version: 2.100.785.0 64-bit (December 2021)

The PC has the installation requirements requested by the Power Bi Desktop.

Screenshot_10.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The same thing is happening to me, a few weeks ago I had no problem. But today, I wanted to import an excel file and after I click on the load button, it says "loading model data" takes many hours. It stopped working, I don't know why, any solution?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have the same issue. Power Bi installed. Office installed. I can't import excel files to power bi in any way. My Power Bi Desktop stay in that loading window for ever. Did you get a solution to this? Thanks

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

What is the connection mode of the model? Import?
Do you have a large model that prevents it from loading quickly?
If so, please reduce the model size or change the connection mode of the model.
If it is not, please try to restart the computer to reconnect to the model, or install the previous version of Power BI desktop to connect to the model. Try the above operation to make us more sure what went wrong.

If none of the above solves your problem, our suggestion would be to raise a Support Request with Microsoft, so we can perform a more in depth Troubleshooting to understand exactly what is going on with the issue you are currently facing.

If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com

Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , few user reported this issue in Nov 2021, please check existing issues here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.