Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MBangert
Regular Visitor

Define size of "automatically find clusters"

Hi everyone,

are there any more options with "automatically find clusters"? I would like to set a size of the clusters. I can set the amount, but I would need them to be all in the same size.

An example:

I have 112 items with columns latitude, longitude and name. I need to find the best cluster to divide them into 7 groups with 16 items within each groups. I can define the 7 clusters, but the clusters have (obviously) different sizes. Is there a way to define, that there is a maximum of items inside a cluster and it will always find the nearest point, even if one point would maybe be associated to a different cluster?

Thanks for any ideas!

Best regards

Marvin

3 REPLIES 3
MBangert
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak 

thanks for your reply. I am working in Power BI Desktop, I added the columns to a table visualization and use the power bi "automatically find clusters" function:

MBangert_0-1674319678432.png

I can define the numbers of clusters:

MBangert_1-1674319748681.png

and it works, but the clusters are of different sizes:

MBangert_2-1674319806820.png

I would like to know if it is possible to also define another parameter so that all clusters are the same size or if there is another way maybe not using the "automatically find clusters" function, but any other?

Thanks in advance!

BR

Marvin

Needs more details. Is the lat/lon the only set of attributes or do you have more attributes to play with?  For example  when you group air targets you have to consider their speed and direction in addition to their location.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MBangert , where are you trying that?

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.