Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaltoft
Resolver I
Resolver I

Define set weeks

I have a calendar (Calendar linked to my data). I want to have the ability within my data to set date ranges, for example I have a table that shows a set of data that I need to report on but I want to set it within  a couple of date ranges including prev>Sat and less than Prev Friday. Can anyone help with this and any other examples for days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaltoft 

The information you provide is not very clear, so there is no way to create a sample exactly according to your needs. I created a similar sample, you can refer to it .

(1)Create a Calendar date table from “2021-01-01” to “2021-03-30” .

Calendar Date = CALENDAR(DATE(2021,01,01),DATE(2021,03,30))

(2)Create a column to return the week number for each date in Calendar date table .

week num = WEEKNUM('Calendar Date'[Date])

(3)Create a column to return the ranges by column [week num]

range = SWITCH(TRUE(),'Calendar Date'[week num]>=1 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<2,"1 to 2 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=2 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<3,"2 to 3 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=3 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<4,"3 to 4 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=4 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<5,"4 to 5 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=5 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<6,"5 to 6 week", "others")

The final result is as shown :

Ailsamsft_0-1632896781982.png

I have attached my pbix file .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaltoft 

The information you provide is not very clear, so there is no way to create a sample exactly according to your needs. I created a similar sample, you can refer to it .

(1)Create a Calendar date table from “2021-01-01” to “2021-03-30” .

Calendar Date = CALENDAR(DATE(2021,01,01),DATE(2021,03,30))

(2)Create a column to return the week number for each date in Calendar date table .

week num = WEEKNUM('Calendar Date'[Date])

(3)Create a column to return the ranges by column [week num]

range = SWITCH(TRUE(),'Calendar Date'[week num]>=1 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<2,"1 to 2 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=2 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<3,"2 to 3 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=3 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<4,"3 to 4 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=4 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<5,"4 to 5 week",
                      'Calendar Date'[week num]>=5 && 'Calendar Date'[week num]<6,"5 to 6 week", "others")

The final result is as shown :

Ailsamsft_0-1632896781982.png

I have attached my pbix file .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jaltoft , if you are planning set default for date ranges, that is not possible as of now.

You need to have slicers like this examples column and save that on this week

Week Type = Switch( True(),
[start week]<=Today() && [end date]>=Today(),"This Week" ,
[start week]<=Today()-7 && [end date]>=Today()-7,"Last Week" ,
[Week Name]
)

Week Start date = 'Date'[Date]+-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)+1
Week End date = 'Date'[Date]+ 7-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)

refer if needed

Any Weekday Week - Start From Any day of Week
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Any-Weekday-Week-Decoding-Date-and-Calendar-2-5-Powe...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.