Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamCarlson
Frequent Visitor

Define Default Pie Chart Interaction as Filter in JSON Template

Short version: Is there code I can add to my JSON template file to define default interactions for visualizations? (specifically, I want the default interaction for pie charts to be filter instead of highlight)

I found this code and am hoping there is way to add interaction defaults to it.

Long Version: My department makes lots of dashboards so I am creating a template to improve consistency and efficiency. We prefer the filter interaction and want it to be the default for all of our pie charts. What I am hoping is that there is a way to change that default for the entire template file. It seems like this could be coded into the JSON template but I do not know the code needed to define interaction defaults. Any suggestions greatly appreaciated!

If PBI decided to change the default across the board that would also work 😉

4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamCarlson ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. The theme json file can control most of option in the format panel but not including the interactions setting.Sorry for that, but I also not found an effective solution to achieve your requirement, perhaps You  can come up a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mauriciosotero
Resolver III
Resolver III

In this case, I don't know if it is possible.

If you discover, pls put the solution here.

Good luck

mauriciosotero
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

Did you tried to "Edit interactions" selecting the chart and click in the menu Visual Tools -> Format -> Edit interactions?

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

That is how I have been editing indivudal pie charts - the hope is to skip that step all together.

My department makes lots of dashboards so I am creating a template to improve consistency and efficiency. We prefer the filter interaction and want it to be the default for all of our pie charts. What I am hoping is that there is way to change that default for the entire template file. It seems like this could be coded into the JSON template but I do not know the code needed to define interaction defaults. Any suggestions greatly appreaciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.