Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Satish_Kumar
Helper V
Helper V

Default value to chart

Hi All,

I am having a problem in my report as the challenge given to me,

In my report i have to put a default filter on my chart i.e. which will not effected by the filter which is common for all my reports,

and when i apply filter which is common for all charts the result of my chat which has defualt filter will show the result from the default value which i given to that and the filter(common) applied. 

default filter.png

7 REPLIES 7
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, Two things u have to check dude.

1.  Have to check the relationship with that date slicer and Visual dimesion column .

2.  have to check the interaction of Date slicer .

like the below image 1.JPG

@Baskar 

I already done with that too.

I hope we got my point what i want to do.

The only thing we have to check in Realrionship, pls do that . or else share the relation ship on modelling i will help u

@Baskar

This report used only one sheet so i haven't need any relation for that.

Seems like you're using time intelligence functions without a gapless date table in your model then. Time intelligence functions will need such a table to work properly.
Do you have such a table with relationship and all measures using the date table?

@BetterCallFrank

No, actually i am using only one table for that report so i hav'nt created any kind of that relationship that you are talking.

Hi @Satish_Kumar,

ok, that's what I thought from what you've mentioned.

I further assume that your measures are using time intelligence functions which will not work properly without a gapless date dimension/table in your model.

Can you post the DAX formulas of your measures?

Also, if you can share the PBIX file somewhere it will be very helpful.

All the best,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors