Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JonathanK
Frequent Visitor

Default filter on matrix

Hi there,

I would like for a default filter to be applied to a matrix that a user can drill up if he/she wants to.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

In the Power BI desktop file, in Options|Report Settings, check the Persistent Filters button that doesn't allow end users to save filters.

Set the filters you want and publish. They can change them all they want - drill up and down, but when they go back it will revert to how you published it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

In the Power BI desktop file, in Options|Report Settings, check the Persistent Filters button that doesn't allow end users to save filters.

Set the filters you want and publish. They can change them all they want - drill up and down, but when they go back it will revert to how you published it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.