Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Peleias
Helper I
Helper I

Default Value from mensure to use Gauge

Hi Guys.
Using powerbi here I try some crazy ideas but I never find a reference, I search and search and I can't find a solution.
Thank you for your help.

I want the Gauge with reference to a row, but the value comes from a measure. I couldn't use SELECTVALUE for this.

This is because in the model I have in mind, the value of the reference line is not the sum of all results. It's percentage of completion. That is, if you click on another row, the gauge will change, but without any selection, it will keep the reference row.

Imagem1.png

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Peleias ,

When I hide the value of 0.5 using the filter next to it, the total will still be displayed.

vyangliumsft_0-1652257028583.png

If you want the same effect as the measure in Gauge, you can use:

Flag =
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Start]),[Measure_Prg],SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Measure_Prg]<>0.5),[Measure_Prg]))

vyangliumsft_1-1652257028584.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yangliu-msft , I'm still searching the

forum...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Default-value-when-no-filter-selected/td-p/1841539

Comments selection =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( CommentsTable[Department] ),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( CommentsTable[Comments] ),
    CALCULATE (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( CommentsTable[Comments] ),
        FILTER (
            ALL ( CommentsTable[Department], CommentsTable[Comments] ),
            CommentsTable[Department] = "Investments"
        )
    )
)

Basically this is what I would like, but as I said above, my column is a measure.
Selectvalue doesn't work with measure.

Tnks

Sorry @v-yangliu-msft, I think I didn't explain it right.
Follow the pbix similar to what I need. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k0roPuWq89FOZs95DC-nQHEaLhOOPg_f/view?usp=sharing 

Percentages are based on measure with MS Project data, so max value does not apply as some activities reach 100% before the main line.

What do I need; If nothing is selected, the Gauge will show the value of the Internal Services line (in this case, 50%).

Peleias_2-1652285279286.png

In case I hide the Internal Services line later in the table, but the value will remain in the Gauge.

And when I click on the lines, they will be displayed in the Gauge.

Peleias_1-1652284960534.png

Thanks, as each answer helps me with another 10 different things in power bi.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Peleias ,

According to the design of the power bi engine, in the table, the measure is calculated according to the context, and the value of this measure will definitely have a specified column to calculate it.

So we can select the column corresponding to this measure to perform Selectvalue.

For example, if we want to select measure=50%, we can select the corresponding column [Start]=2022-10-5

vyangliumsft_0-1652167689630.png

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_1-1652167689631.png

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure_Prg =
MAX('Table'[Prg])
Flag =
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Start]),[Measure_Prg],SUMX('Table',[Measure_Prg]))

2. Result:

When selected

vyangliumsft_2-1652167689633.png

When not selected:

vyangliumsft_3-1652167689634.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Peleias  I prefer to go with SELECTEDVALUE for this problem. Here is my solution.

ghoshabhijeet_1-1651767332547.png

For the default value, I have used the MAX value.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1651767275885.png

Thanks @ghoshabhijeet

I don't think I explained it right either, sorry.

The column is a measurement. And usually the numerical value of the reference line reaches 100% last. Usually several lines reach 100% and finally the reference line reaches 100%.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.