Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prakash11440278
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Default Slicer based on other columns

Hi Power BI Experts,

Currently, Is it possible to set default selection for a slicer based on the other field. As i know the slicer can keep the selections that you made last time you view the report, when you open it next time, it shows the same selections. 

From the below table i want the status Jan. Cycle in slicer based on the Flag True, when i open the report, it might be change in future if the backend data change the status filter will also change based on the Flag "True" condition. Is it possible?

Status           Flag

Sep. Cycle    False

Dec. Cycle    False

Jan. Cycle     True

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@prakash11440278 

You can just use the ISFILTERED() function. Every time you open the report, the slicer will be unselected but the visual is filter to the "Current Cycle".

Please refer to:

Solved: How to set a default slicer value? - Microsoft Power BI Community

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@prakash11440278 , As far as I know, no.

As of now, you have to try like

Switch( True() ,

[Flag] = true(), "Current Cycle",

[Status]

)

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The Current cycle text data should show only for current year selection and for previous years it should show the same status as mentioned above. How to acheive this?

HI @amitchandak ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created a new column but how i need to show the column as default slicer "Current Cycle" when i open the report?

@prakash11440278 , save slicer with Current Cycle value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.