Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

forbesb
Frequent Visitor

Default Location on Map visual

I am using the Map visual within Power BI desktop with bubbles depicting destinations for orders.  Every time the map loads it centers over Africa which is completely blank as we have no order activity there.  Is it possible to set a default location on the map visual or does anyone know how it determines the location a user will see when it first loads?

5 REPLIES 5
woodyinuk

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this? I've got exaclty the same issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is this issue resolved.if yes,can you please let me know the solution as I am also facing the same problem

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi There,

With the October release of Power BI Desktop, you can now disable auto-zoom, allowing you to keep the map at a specific zoom level. For more info, check out the latest Power BI Desktop blog post: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thank you for the reply, I am definitely not looking to disable autozoom, I am looking to change the default location of the map when it loads for users

I am looking for the same thing, One option I am considering is adding a Country filter. I am theorizing that If I filter on USA, it would center there until you filter down more. However, this would not be an option if you have multiple countries in your data, as it would exclude those places from the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.