cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
forbesb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Default Location on Map visual

I am using the Map visual within Power BI desktop with bubbles depicting destinations for orders.  Every time the map loads it centers over Africa which is completely blank as we have no order activity there.  Is it possible to set a default location on the map visual or does anyone know how it determines the location a user will see when it first loads?

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Default Location on Map visual

Hi There,

With the October release of Power BI Desktop, you can now disable auto-zoom, allowing you to keep the map at a specific zoom level. For more info, check out the latest Power BI Desktop blog post: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
forbesb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply, I am definitely not looking to disable autozoom, I am looking to change the default location of the map when it loads for users

mtamcsin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am looking for the same thing, One option I am considering is adding a Country filter. I am theorizing that If I filter on USA, it would center there until you filter down more. However, this would not be an option if you have multiple countries in your data, as it would exclude those places from the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 223 members 2,387 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: