Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RahMan911
Frequent Visitor

Default Font in Power BI Visuals

What is the default font of a KPI visualization? I have a KPI aside a few cards. The KPI stands out with a different font. I am trying to create a uniformity in the way the dashboard looks like. The KPI does not permit change of font types. The only option I see is changing the fonts of the cards. What font can I set so that it matches with the KPI font?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RahMan911,

Please see below response from PG team about default font of KPI visual:

1. Indicator Text – font-family: wf_standard-font_light, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
  2. Goal Text – font-family: Segoe UI Semibold, wf_segoe-ui_semibold, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
  3. Visual Container title – font-family: 'Segoe UI', wf_segoe-ui_normal, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;

In case you’re not familiar with it: the font-family property can hold several font names as a "fallback" system. If the browser does not support the first font, it tries the next font.

Each component has a different primary font so the answer would be that it’s not intended for them to render with the same font size, having that said, they might fallback into the same generic font.

Based on above information, we are not able to set the KPI visual use the same font as Card visual.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RahMan911
Frequent Visitor

Thanks all. As a workaround I use the card value as a KPI and set a static axis (like 1) so they dont kill the formatting.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RahMan911,

Please see below response from PG team about default font of KPI visual:

1. Indicator Text – font-family: wf_standard-font_light, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
  2. Goal Text – font-family: Segoe UI Semibold, wf_segoe-ui_semibold, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
  3. Visual Container title – font-family: 'Segoe UI', wf_segoe-ui_normal, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;

In case you’re not familiar with it: the font-family property can hold several font names as a "fallback" system. If the browser does not support the first font, it tries the next font.

Each component has a different primary font so the answer would be that it’s not intended for them to render with the same font size, having that said, they might fallback into the same generic font.

Based on above information, we are not able to set the KPI visual use the same font as Card visual.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RahMan911,

I have sent a email to consult this issue from PG team, will let you know if I get response.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.