Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dscott73
Resolver I
Resolver I

Defaul Logo Image when "All" or "None" selected in slicer

The scenario is, I have a report with multiple companies, A, B and C.  Each has their own logo, but they are "owned" by a "master company".  Currently I have the report dynamically changing the logo and data with each selection of the Company via a slicer.

The issue is, with a slicer when no selection is made (and single selection is not turned on) it is equivalent to "All Selected".

How can I show a default Logo for this "Master Company" when no selection is made on the Company slicer (All Selected)?

I was thinking of maybe a helper/bridge table but not sure how to configure this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In my scenario I have a table loaded with .png's which have been converted to Base64. 

In my first method, I am using the "Simple Image" visual:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381835?tab=Overview

I found that if the first image in my table becomes the default image.  In this instance I named it "ALL.png".  When nothing is selected, it will display.  However, this behavior is implicit.

The other method I found I could implement was to use a Table.  The table is 1x1.  I place the measure in the Values slot under the fields.  I use this measure:
Logo =
IF (
ISFILTERED ( 'Sample Logos'[CompanyID] ),
MAX ( 'Sample Logos'[LogoImage] ),
LOOKUPVALUE ( 'Sample Logos'[LogoImage], 'Sample Logos'[CompanyID], "ALL" )
)

Not perfect, but it seems to be working so far.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dscott73 ,

What kind of visual do you use? I checked "image of cloudscope" visual and found that the default image and conditional formatting could not be set.

So I use card visual to hide image visual as an alternative.

V-lianl-msft_0-1603784443235.pngV-lianl-msft_1-1603784454968.pngV-lianl-msft_2-1603784488448.png

You can refer to this blog on how to set conditional formatting for card visual.

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/ 

Sample .pbix

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In my scenario I have a table loaded with .png's which have been converted to Base64. 

In my first method, I am using the "Simple Image" visual:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381835?tab=Overview

I found that if the first image in my table becomes the default image.  In this instance I named it "ALL.png".  When nothing is selected, it will display.  However, this behavior is implicit.

The other method I found I could implement was to use a Table.  The table is 1x1.  I place the measure in the Values slot under the fields.  I use this measure:
Logo =
IF (
ISFILTERED ( 'Sample Logos'[CompanyID] ),
MAX ( 'Sample Logos'[LogoImage] ),
LOOKUPVALUE ( 'Sample Logos'[LogoImage], 'Sample Logos'[CompanyID], "ALL" )
)

Not perfect, but it seems to be working so far.

Hi. I'm stuck on the same problem. I'm trying to replicate your solution but the visual 'Simple Image' only accepts field Image URL and not a measure. Could you please clarify how you were able to use a measure there?
Thanks in advance

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dscott73 , you use isfiltered or hasonevalue

if(isfiltered(Table[company]), [Url1], [Url2])

refer my video on both :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXg3kRFSGjA

Hi all,

I am also facing the same and the given otion is not working. simple image visual only selects column values. even if create a calculted column, which always shows blank.

I have used this code, which does not work. Please help me to resolve this.

ImageToShow = IF (
HASONEVALUE( 'Portfolio logo'[Portfolio] ),
MAX ( 'Portfolio logo'[ImgToBinary] ),
LOOKUPVALUE ( 'Portfolio logo'[ImgToBinary], 'Portfolio logo'[Portfolio], "ALL" )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.