Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daniele_tiles
Helper II
Helper II

Decrypt JSON compressed with lz-string

Hi to all,

we have to prototype a dashboard based on a Postgres DB.

The data is saved in JSON format, but unfortunately is also compressed with lz-string:

json_encrypted.png

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there some function to call, or should I make a python script and call it?

Best regards

Daniele Tiles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi I've solved it with Python.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

Maybe you need to decompress fist.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi I've solved it with Python.

Hi 
I would be very grateful indeed if you could share the code you used to decompress values compressed with lz-string as I need it for a business critical application

If possible, Can you please share the python code to Decrypt JSON compressed with lz-string for the column mentioned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.