Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ley
Helper I
Helper I

Decomposition tree filter

Hi,

I am working with "Decomposition Tree". I know that if I click on another visual that the decomposition tree is automatically filtered. But I don´t know how to filter a table or another visual by clicking on decomposition tree branch.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Ley 

yes, it seems like filtering to other visual doesn work if you choose not the last level of Tree. Bet, if you click on Resolution, your matrix will be filtered

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Hi @Ley ,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. Please set the relationship to both instead of single.

2.PNGCapture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
andrewtuplin
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same issue. The Decomposition tree is a chain of filters (first filter on x, then, y, then z), but cross filtering doesn't preserve this filter chain, it just filters other vizualizations by a single selected dimension. 

For example, if you had an organization made of of Employees and Contractors working in Departments and you wanted to cross filter some table to show employee details. 

#Employees    -> Employee 

-> Contractor   ->  Department 1

- >  Department 2 

Clicking on Department 1 will corss filter other vizualizations by "Department 1" but not by "Contractor" & "Department 1". 

This isn't expected behavor. 

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Ley 

if you have appropriate relationship it should work without any additional actions

LinkedIn

All relationships are correctly created , but it does not work. Imagen1.png

On the Tree Format, is the default action set to "Filter / highlight"? If not, give it a try.

Nel_CA_0-1651500438939.png

Hi @Ley ,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. Please set the relationship to both instead of single.

2.PNGCapture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Ley 

yes, it seems like filtering to other visual doesn work if you choose not the last level of Tree. Bet, if you click on Resolution, your matrix will be filtered

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors