Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LPI_Soporte
Regular Visitor

Decomposition tree - algorithm of decomponsition

Someone could comment me the algorithm used to build the branches (dimensions) in IA Split function? 

Is it possible to use continuous dimensions (continuous variables) in the "Explain by" area??? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LPI_Soporte

Which kind of continuous dimension do you refer to? Based on my test, date column is possible to be used in the "Explain by" area. 

For the AI Split function, you can refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-decomposition-tree#ai-splits 

You can use “AI Splits” to figure out where you should look next in the data. These splits appear at the top of the list and are marked with a lightbulb. The splits are there to help you find high and low values in the data, automatically.

The analysis can work in two ways depending on your preferences. The default behavior is as follows:

• High Value: Considers all available fields and determines which one to drill into to get the highest value of the measure being analyzed.
  • Low Value: Considers all available fields and determines which one to drill into to get the lowest value of the measure being analyzed.

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

absolutelly didn't help me. Seems that you haven't understand me at all.

First I have asked if is it possible to use a "continious variables" (sales, costs, expenses, incomes, ecc) as a field in the "Explain By" area?... 

The second that I asked too was "WHAT ALGORITHMs" (ID3, CART, Information gain,GINI,ecc.) are used to determine the next level when we us IA Split function...

Thanks for your anser but these didn't be useful for me.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.