Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

theDarkPrince
Advocate II
Advocate II

Decomposition Tree visual unable to show ALL available 'Explain by' Dimensions

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a simple decomposition tree visual and my use case requires several fields to be brought into the "Explain by" well. However, if you observe the screenshot below, you'll notice that when I try to expand the tree to the next level in hierarchy, it just sorts the dimension in Explain by well alphabetically and is able to show only top N due to limited canvas area and it does not show the remaining dimensions below MotorPowerRating.

tmp_img.png

Ideally, one would expect the ability to scroll through all the available dimensions there & select one.

I also went through the official doumentation for Decomposition Tree , but it does not mention any limit on how many fields can one bring into the Explain by dimension well. Should this be reported as a bug or did I miss something in the formatting options. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 😊

P.S. : Tagging relevant people here from another quite similar (but not the same) post.

@Anonymous @v-yiruan-msft @blackeye17 @Anonymous @lisahua46 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
theDarkPrince
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi all, I went ahead and created a support ticket for this myself (in addition to @v-xiaotang 😅), and they informed me that it's a known bug and that the product development team is working to resolve it. However, as of this date, they said that it'd not be possible for them to share an ETA on when it'll be fixed. So, we'll just have to wait for them to roll out a patch for this in one of the updates (keep an eye on those release notes).

- Nachiket P.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
theDarkPrince
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi all, I went ahead and created a support ticket for this myself (in addition to @v-xiaotang 😅), and they informed me that it's a known bug and that the product development team is working to resolve it. However, as of this date, they said that it'd not be possible for them to share an ETA on when it'll be fixed. So, we'll just have to wait for them to roll out a patch for this in one of the updates (keep an eye on those release notes).

- Nachiket P.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theDarkPrince 

I got the same problem with scroll bar not showing when I select to the next level in Power BI desktop. Later I will open a incident ticket to related team ask for help. Any progress I will update you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiao. Could you also share the link for the ticket once it's raised ? Maybe I can upvote it like we do on the ideas portal so that they'd fix it sooner. 🙂

Hi @theDarkPrince 

Sorry, the incident ticket submitted internally is not accessible externally. But I'll update you promptly.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, CST 

Any updates on his issue? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.