Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

B_Machovec
Frequent Visitor

Decomposition Tree - Sort View Doesn't Update When Changing Slicer Selection

Hello,

I'm having an issue where the decomposition tree doesn't seem to update the sort view when user selects a new value for a slicer. This can be misleading to users who think the top value is remaining the same but in reality has changed--which they only see by clicking the top arrow until it disappears.

Is there a setting I'm missing to correct this? Thanks in advance!

Starting view:

B_Machovec_0-1613334562439.png

View After Selecting Different Slicer Value:

B_Machovec_1-1613334604800.png

15 REPLIES 15
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Pragati11 @B_Machovec  By changing the Density option to Dense  as show in the picture , That ^ key will disappear, try doing that!

VijayP_0-1613658798471.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

HI @VijayP ,

No it doesn't disappear. It still shows:

Pragati11_0-1613659005163.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@B_Machovec 

Try using this option and let me know if it works! 

By Default it shows "Default" , Change it to "Dense"

VijayP_0-1613658523182.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @B_Machovec,
Can please share some dummy data with a similar data structure and expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test.
How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

How do I attach the pbix file here? it's saying it doesn't support that file type 

Hi @B_Machovec ,

Upload your pbix file to a dropbox link and share the link.

You can also use Wetransfer.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you! Here's the link to the pbix:
https://we.tl/t-pmF7vURNuI

In this example, I need the "Zip" field to be first and the "Province" field to be last. When I select "Low" in the Rev Category slicer, and then unselect it, you'll see the issue I'm experiencing where it doesn't return to the starting position/view. You have to click that arrow until it disappears to see the values from highest to lowest again.

B_Machovec_0-1613650253840.png

Hi @B_Machovec ,

I have tried this at my end and it looks ok now. Check the link for the updated pbix:

https://we.tl/t-PJAKKt37bN

I don't see an UP arrow now.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

It looks like you made the visual bigger to make it work. In my dashboard, I dont have that much space. Is there a way to make it work without adjusting the size of the visual?

Hi @B_Machovec ,

If I make the visual small as well, it look fine at my end without an arrow at the top. See below:

Pragati11_0-1613656012978.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Please see short video of me demonstrating with the pbix file you sent:
https://we.tl/t-73XKc229ta

Hi @B_Machovec ,

See the video below. I don't see the UP arrow at my end:

decomp.gif

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @B_Machovec ,

If I see both of your screesnhots, your node values are changing in the decomposition tree.
1. In the first screesnhot, the top node "SEBRING" has value 25

2. In the second screesnhot, when you select a slicer value, the top node "SEBRING" changes it's value to 419

For me it looks like the visual is respondinf to the slicers. Can you confirm if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

The values do change but the sort view doesn't readjust to be highest to lowest when a slicer selection changes which location has the highest value. For example, in the second screen shot you can see an arrow appears above Sebring indicating there are other locations with higher values. The way I want it to work, the location with the highest value should always be at the top and in view without having to click the arrow. I hope that makes sense!

Hi @B_Machovec ,

I think you need to do the following.

Whenever you create a decomposition chart, it further gives you following option to expand:

Pragati11_0-1613394195988.png

When you select the "High Value" option, the tree will always show the highest one at the top without the top arrow that you see at your end:

Pragati11_1-1613394290641.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.