Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dunn1373
Frequent Visitor

Decomposition Tree - Multiple Analyze Options

Hey all!  I LOVE using the decomposition tree for answering questions for our sales staff when they want to understand breakdowns of accounts.  But I'd like to publish a version that they can use to help serve their respective clients.  I want to have one version/page that has multiple 'Analyze' values.  

For instance, I might have a decomposition tree that is a COUNT of all the users in our system.  Let's call them Participants.  I can then decomp them into Gender.  100 Total breaks into 50 Female and 50 Male (as an example).  

But what if I want to change the COUNT of all users to a Measure I have created, like the rate at which they start a class.  Only solution I see is to create 2 Decomposition Trees with two different Analyze options.  I was hoping there was a way I could publish something with 1 view that the user could then select the Measure/Value they want to see stratified.  I can't give each of them Pro licenses and they wouldn't know what to do with PowerBI Desktop so it has to be simple.  

I hope that makes sense and look forward to feedback!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Enable the "Personalize Visuals" feature in your report. Much more powerful and impactful (plus you get the decomposition tree for free)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.