cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mc625569 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Decimal precision on currency field total

Hello, I have a currency field that I'm pulling in from an access database.  Any time I try and total the currency field using a matrix or table card the total shows 10 digits to the right of the decimal place instead of 2.  All the data in my source table has 1 or 2 digits to the right of the decimal

Capture.PNGThis should show $4867,324.80

How can I fix this so it shows a total that is accurate to the cent? 

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Decimal precision on currency field total

In the data model pane, click the column and in the Formatting section, set the decimal points to 2 and not Auto. This is the box next to the sort of greyed out:

In a card, you can set the decimal points by clicking the paintbrush for the visual and expanding "Data label" section and setting Decimial to 2.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

In the data model pane, click the column and in the Formatting section, set the decimal points to 2 and not Auto. This is the box next to the sort of greyed out:

In a card, you can set the decimal points by clicking the paintbrush for the visual and expanding "Data label" section and setting Decimial to 2.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

shaunwilks Member

Do you have any idea what "Auto" does ?

I have no idea what rules it uses in its formatting.

I have a database table where every decimal value in the column has 6 decimals places.

Using the "Auto" formatting function it formats it to 2 decimals.

Yes I could set it to 6 decimals in the Modelling tab - but that defeats the purpose of how Auto formatting should work.

The numebr of decimals in the columns data source may be variable. sometimes all the fields may have 4 decimals. and in that case I want to display four. If theya ll have 6 characters - I want to display 6.  I dont want to have to set the numebr of decimals in the Modelling Format section - rather leave it as Auto and have the display adjust as the data does.

I know I can do this by using the FORMAT command changing it to text, but the tex cant be then used in aggreations, used with data bars or doesnt sort correctly.