Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChrisPBI
Advocate II
Advocate II

Decimal Point.

Hello everyone,

Power BI gives me all numbers as:

1.PNG

I would expect 2,265.60.

I have the english version and my location is set to US.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

Chris

12 REPLIES 12
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

How are you getting that number in the middle of the Donut chart? Is that a separate visual, custom visual or what format settings did you flip on to do that?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler to get a customized donut chart with a "card inside" you can also download the following one: Donut Chart

Atanas

Oh, that is just a card in the middle of a donut chart 😄

No special Power BI effects 🙂

Do you know something regarding the decimal point issue?

That's what I figured. Hmm. I cannot replicate this. I created a number, 2265.60 using an Enter Data query, put it in a card visualization and set the Data label Display units to "None" and it showed up as 2,265.60. Definitely looks like a language setting kind of thing but not sure what would be causing that other than actually having a different language setting than US.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I don't know how to fix that ..

has to be a language or region setting somewhere I believe.  is the euro mode....  not sure where - from the visual down to the actual table data....the install of Power BI, or even the Operating System (this would of course affect all your apps....)

I would be interested to know

..............and must confess - for some reason one install of Office among 5 PCs of mine gives tool tips in French and I've never fixed that so.......

www.CahabaData.com

Do you have the most recent version? It looks like others have had similar issues (here and here for example), but there was a fix a few versions back.

Not sure whats behind it, as a quick fix, try wrapping a format around the measure =FORMAT(Measure,"#,###.00")

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Since this applies to entire pages a formating function is not enough.

Maybe is really my system. The iOS application acts the same way.

Hmm .. Power BI Team .. please ..

@ChrisPBI

Check the format setting in the control panel in your local PC. It would affect how numbers present locally.

In my case, setting format as "Italian(Italy)" uses a comma as the decimal point. Switch the format to English(United States) and reopen the pbix  should work. Anyway, it is not a problem after publishing.

Capture.PNG

@Eric_Zhang

I changed the Windows settings, but it does not effect Power BI.

Regards,

Chris

I believe when one options the visual's value to do math....that there is no ability to control the precision display.  It is a feature that should be added as typically selecting the option to Average can result in long decimal displays that users just are always going to ask about ......

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.