Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simonchung
Frequent Visitor

Decimal Place Issue

Hi Buddies, 

It's weird that 4.455 would become 4.45500000000000001, anyone facing such issue as well?

How can it change back to 4.455???

(In my case the data type will keep as any, it won't change to decimal, as the column consist of other data type)

Source: Excel

simonchung_5-1649036844490.png

PowerQuery

simonchung_2-1649036094517.png

Power BI

simonchung_3-1649036125783.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @simonchung ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

Really really thanks for your kindly reply, this issue has not been solved.

I'm busy to doing other task, so I have no time to manage this issue right now. I'm really sorry for this, maybe I'll get back to this issue few weeks later

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @simonchung ,

I created a test file and tested it and this did not happen, you can try to import my test file and see if it is normal, also are you convenient to provide the excel where you have the problem, remember to delete the confidential data for me to test and check.

vluwangmsft_0-1649316606873.png

After import:

vluwangmsft_1-1649316619132.png

Best Regards

Lucien

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@simonchung , In DAX, in the column tool, restrict the number of the decimal place. There can difference in decimal number accuracy in tools at the high number of decimal places.

It doesn't works.
Actually, I wanna treat that field as a text 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.