Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mgreezljpc
Regular Visitor

December 2022 Desktop: Memory Issues

Hi All!

After a couple days of anxiety troubleshooting, I'd like to post my experience so someone else doesn't think they are they only one.

After updated to December 2022 Power BI Desktop version I started experiencing alot of trouble doing anything to the model.  I wasn't able to create, delete, modify DAX measures; unable to delete tables; unable to do anything.  I was getting errors that described DAX causing memory issues and that it could not run.  I had made a few adjustments to the model a few days prior, so I was concerned those were the root cause.  I was unable to make any changes, so troublshooting became very difficult.

I then filtered all of my heavy dataflows to 100 rows or less to reduce the overhead... same errors.

Then, I opened a model archived from August 2022... same errors.  I then suspected the application layer.

Uninstalled December 2022 Desktop, reinstalled August 2022 Desktop... EVERYTHING WORKS FINE, including the most recent data model.

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but despite loving Power BI's aggressive updating schedule, it can have bugs!! Lesson learned.

2 REPLIES 2
jmandhare
Frequent Visitor

I agree. I had a lot troube fixing steps to clean up my data. Previously I used to do easily in Advance editor but now it just stop showcasing data if I do any changes in advance editor. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.