Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wrwillits
Helper III
Helper III

December 2018 Desktop update issues with Refresh

I have a model that has been updating fine for the last several months, but now with the new December 2018 update it's throwing a sorts of errors. It looks like it has modified some of the relationships and as a result the model isn't able to puill in the proper data. I am baffled why an update would do this but it has to be the update becasue nothing else has changed. 

Is there any way to roll back to a previous desktop update (like November 2018) to see if the model works? 

5 REPLIES 5
wrwillits
Helper III
Helper III

I have changed back the relationships and the model seems to be working again. I just wan to know why it broke in the first place? No relationships have been changed in months; the only change was the December desktop update.  

Hi @wrwillits,

What are the issues exactly? What did the error messages say? Can you share some snapshots and the file if possible? Please mask the sensitive parts.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Unfortunately this model is large and has a lot of sensitive data included in it. I can, though, show yo some of the main error messages and give you a shot of the relationship structure. The crazy thing is that today it seems to be working today (the old version that originally caused the errors). 

Here are the main error messages. It seems that the one relationship failure caued all the other failures. Once that was addressed the update seemed to work and the model is functioning again.

Error 3.pngError 2.pngError 1.pngCHC Old Rlationship.png

Sorry, I snet out the wrong screen shot for the relationships. Here's how it looks today (working).

CHC Revised Rlationship.png

Hi @wrwillits,

Since the data is hidden, It's hard to say whether the relationships are proper. The new data could make the relationship invalid. For example, the duplicates in the 1 side of the relationship. 

I'm glad it works now. I would suggest you check the data first for such errors.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.