Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GuidoPinares
Helper I
Helper I

Dealing with Targets

Hi Community,

First of all thanks for your time, this problem could be very easy but im struggling trying to find the answer, thanks in advance for any suggestion:

I have 2 Tables {Sales, Vendor}, each of the vendors have a target but it will depend on his category that is include in the Vendor Table (FullTime, PartTime, Supervisor) and each of those have a different Target (FullTime T1: 100, T2:200, T3:300; PartTime T1:50, T2:75,T3:125; Supervisor T1:150, T2:275, T3:425)

I want to built a target measure that calculate this after the selection of a Vendor Name on a Slicer. My question is how can I capture the value of the column Position of the Vendor Table.

Example:

Vendor1 is PartTime

Total Sales related to Vendor1 are 65 so Vendor1 surpass the T1 and on way to T2

Vendor5 is FullTime

Total Sales related to Vendor5 are 95 so Vendor5 is on way to T1

The result should be something like this:

GuidoPinares_0-1662859077979.png

The report will have a Slicer with the names of the Vendors, each time the user select one It should change.

I can't find a way that allow me to change between Target according to the Column [Position] in Vendor Table

Any thought will be very welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GuidoPinares
Helper I
Helper I

To capture a value from a table you need to use : 

VALUES(Employees[PosititonName])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GuidoPinares
Helper I
Helper I

To capture a value from a table you need to use : 

VALUES(Employees[PosititonName])
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

hi @GuidoPinares 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I just want to confirm if you resolved this issue? If yes, you can accept the answer helpful as the solution or share you method and accept it as solution, thanks for your contribution to improve Power BI.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@GuidoPinares This is going to depend on what your tables look like.

Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.