Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dead stock value

Hello,

I am trying to calculate dead stock value with powerBI. It is value of the stock taking in account only the articles which weren't used at least since 1 year.

To do this I have 2 tables.

My first table is the table of stock, with each article in stock and its value, kind of this :

stock-exemple

My second table, is all the stock removals, knowing that one article could had been removed many times, out and in the 1 year interval :

sortie-de-stock-exemple

Of course my tables are way bigger, so my question is how can I link these tables and filter them to get a list of dead stock articles and the value of this dead stock ?

Thank you !

3 REPLIES 3
Yuvarajand
Frequent Visitor

I know this is a old post, but for others who are curious on how to approach the problem having similar tables as yours. 

Setup: 
1. Dimension Item table (also acting as your ARTICLE table)  -contains article numbers and stock as of today.
2. Facts Ledger table - containing all the items sold with dates.

Approach

1. Active relationship between Item table to Ledger table. One to Many.
2. Date table linked to the dates of Ledger table
3. Filter on page to choose cut off dates for deadstock evaluation.
4. Measure to get the DISTINCT items  ( tip use VALUES) and insert logic for your deadstock. The measure should be used against the Item Table Dimensions.

Best,
Yuvi

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

can you please provide the sample data, in form of an Excel file. Upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Sadly it is company data, so I can't show them. But just tell me what additional information do you need to solve my problem and I will give them to you.

Thank you very much !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors