Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Days since last incident

Hi,

I am very new to Power Bi and would like some help in creating what is a simple spreadsheet where I can track days since the last incident across all departments.

We use Microsoft Dynamics (CRM) to record such data and I have a live link to this through Power Bi, I would like to move away from spreadsheets and the need to refresh and then use the spreadsheet to create Dashboards and instead just refresh through Power Bi if possible?

A step by step answer would be really useful 🙂 

Thaks in advance,

John

Days since last incident spreadsheet.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Anonymous ,

here you have an example file.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous ,

would you please provide us some sample data so that why know by what dimensions you would like to slice the "LastIncidentDates".

Here are some measures how I would do it in the simplest case.

LastIncidentDate = MAXX(Incident,Incident[IncidentDate])
DaysSinceLastIncident = DATEDIFF(TODAY(),[LastIncidentDate],DAY)

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josef,

The formulas are great and probably just what I needed but I need to know how to get to the point where I can use these?

Can you advise what sort of sample data you are asking for over and above what was pasted in the last message?

Cheers,

John

Hey @Anonymous ,

here you have an example file.

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.