Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GavinR87
Helper II
Helper II

Days of week legend

Hi

I'm new to PowerBi and I have made some line graphs.

Currently the legend (days) are listed alphabetically. How can I make it so the days appear chronologically?

Many thanks.

Bl9BKQz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GavinR87 Not sure if in Power BI data model you have date column. If in excel  you calculated week day name, add another column (may in excel) which would be week day number. Once you have this new column in excel, bring it in excel and use sort by column to sort your week day name with week day number (new column) and your legend will be fixed. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@GavinR87 you need to add another column in your model which will be DAY OF WEEK and then on modelling sort your DAY column wiht this new DAY OF WEEK column. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi @parry2k 

Thanks very mych for taking the time to reply.

I am really new to all this so forgive my ignorance. I currently have a column called "Day" that has come from my Excel raw data. Essentially it was a formula to get the day of the week from the data in another column.

So are you saying I need to add another column to my data in Power BI? If so I see the add column button, and when I click it it says "Column =". What would I need to do after that?

Thanks again

@GavinR87 Not sure if in Power BI data model you have date column. If in excel  you calculated week day name, add another column (may in excel) which would be week day number. Once you have this new column in excel, bring it in excel and use sort by column to sort your week day name with week day number (new column) and your legend will be fixed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.