Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cfcastell

Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) per company - matrix

Hi,

I'm trying to build a matrix that shows the DSO per group of customers in the rows and per company in the columns, using three different files.

• Sales: The first file shows sales and contains three columns, showing the company, client number and the amount of the sale.
  • Debt: The scond file shows the debt and contains as well three columns, showing the company, the client number and the amount of debt.
  • Classification: And the third excel file has two columns, one with the client number and the other with the customer group.

In the first two files, the customer number might be repeated with different amounts of sales/debt.

I firstly created a relationship between the client column of the sales file and the client column of the classification file; and a second relationship between the client column of the debt file and the client column of the classification file.

Then I created a new measure, with the following computation:

DSO =
180/(DIVIDE(
 SUM('Sales'[Amount]);
 SUM('Debt'[Amount]))
)

I inserted a matrix with the customer group in the rows, and the DSO measure in the values. The computed numbers make sense. However, when I try to compute the DSO per company by dropping company in the columns option, the numbers do not make sense anymore. Apart from that, numbers differ depending if I take the Company column from the Sales file or the Debt file.

I don't really know how to proceed with it. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cfcastell,

In your scenario, I would suggest you merge Sales table and Debt table into a single table in Query Editor first, and create a relationship between the new merge table and the Classification table with the client column, and then try the formula below to see if it works in your scenario.

DSO =
DIVIDE (
    DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Merge1'[Amount] ), SUM ( 'Merge1'[Debt.Amount] ) )
)

For more details about how use merge queries option in Query Editor, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cfcastell,

In your scenario, I would suggest you merge Sales table and Debt table into a single table in Query Editor first, and create a relationship between the new merge table and the Classification table with the client column, and then try the formula below to see if it works in your scenario.

DSO =
DIVIDE (
    DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Merge1'[Amount] ), SUM ( 'Merge1'[Debt.Amount] ) )
)

For more details about how use merge queries option in Query Editor, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks a lot for the answer, very useful!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.