Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Days Overnight Count

Hello, 

I am trying to modify some of my data to calculate overnights. In this case this is what I have accomplished, using Arrival Date and Departure Date.

Capture.JPG

Is there a way to remove the the Departure Date from the Date Master? I want to be able to calculate the number of visitors we have by overnights only. The Departure Date does not count towards overnight stays.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Days Overnight Count

@CIWEB,

You may add step below in the Query Editor.

= Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Date Master] <> [Departure Date]))
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Should I be adding that as a new column or  should that be going into the forumla used to get the Master Date?

({ Number.From([Arrival Date])..Number.From([Departure Date]) })?

When I add it as a new column I get an error Expression.Error: The field 'Date Master' of the record wasn't found.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Still looking for help with this...

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors