Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovanslyke
Frequent Visitor

Days Left in Year and % of the year that has elapsed

I hope someone can help me. I have tried a number of different calculations by nothing is really working.

What formula do I need to calculate the number of days left in the year?

What formula do I need to show the % of the year that has elapsed?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@ovanslyke,

Please ues the DAX below.
DayOfYear = DATEDIFF ( DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 1, 1 ), 'Date'[Date], DAY ) + 1
Elapsed = (DATEDIFF ( DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 1, 1 ), 'Date'[Date], DAY ) + 1)/(DATEDIFF ( DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 1, 1 ),  DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 12, 31 ), DAY ) + 1)
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@ovanslyke,

Please ues the DAX below.
DayOfYear = DATEDIFF ( DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 1, 1 ), 'Date'[Date], DAY ) + 1
Elapsed = (DATEDIFF ( DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 1, 1 ), 'Date'[Date], DAY ) + 1)/(DATEDIFF ( DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 1, 1 ),  DATE ( YEAR ( 'Date'[Date]), 12, 31 ), DAY ) + 1)
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thanks for the reply Charlie. I made a simply tabe with a date colum in this format 1/1/2017 and included all dates to 12/31/2017. I tried both DAX formulas in two different colums (DayOfYear and Elapsed) and keep getting this error:

Too many arguments were passed to the YEAR function. The maximum argument count for the function is 1

Can you advise?

Thanks!

Olivia

@ovanslyke,

Could you please share your DAX expression?

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I tried it again and your solution worked perfectly! Thank you!!

How do i get todays information to show up now in my card visualization? Do I need to create a measure?

I would like to be able to refresh and have it will always bring in the correct % through the year (year elapsed).

How do i get todays information to show up now in my card visualization? Do I need to create a measure?

I would like to be able to refresh and have it will always bring in the correct % through the year (year elapsed).

@ovanslyke,

You can just create a measure like

today = TODAY() to get current date, and show this measure in a card visual.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft

Can you help me again please? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors