cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chandrarao Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dax query to calculate % of a category from using existing and display the % in new column

I have a existing cloumn in my dataset which contains text data like below type of catogeries. I am using this column to identify the source which detecting the issue, like this i do have different sources to detecet the issues. The requirement is to create a new column from "NotificationSourceType" column where the NotificationSourceType is only "Monitoring" and i want to calculate percentage of monitoring type issues and calculate the percentagen also display it in new column. This data set will refresh everyday.

Ex: If i have 300 issues detected by monitoring out of 700 issues then 300/700*100= 43%. I need DAX query to count "Monitoring" type issues from "NotificationSourceType" column, calculate the percentage of monitoring type issues, and dispaly percentage(%) in new column.

NotificationSourceType

Partner
Monitoring
Customer  
Service
Unknown
Other
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Dax query to calculate % of a category from using existing and display the % in new column

@Chandrarao

Try this Column

Calculated Column =
IF (
    TableName[NotificationSourceType] = "Monitoring",
    DIVIDE (
        CALCULATE (
            COUNT ( TableName[NotificationSourceType] ),
            TableName[NotificationSourceType] = "Monitoring"
        ),
        COUNTROWS ( TableName )
    )
)

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Dax query to calculate % of a category from using existing and display the % in new column

@Chandrarao

Try this Column

Calculated Column =
IF (
    TableName[NotificationSourceType] = "Monitoring",
    DIVIDE (
        CALCULATE (
            COUNT ( TableName[NotificationSourceType] ),
            TableName[NotificationSourceType] = "Monitoring"
        ),
        COUNTROWS ( TableName )
    )