Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax optimization help

Hi, i'm having trouble with a slow DAX formula. The first formula takes 1 second to run, but when adding a "HASONEVALUE(productions[Productionid]) to determine if i'm calculating for one production order for multiple (the sum at the bottom of the table) it takes around 60 seconds.

The desired table shows the remaining hours for a given production order, and also shows the number, if it's a negative number. However the total should not include the number, if it's negative. ( see example)

Query 1 (1-2 seconds)

Remaining Hours:= 
/*Create a smaller table, before i do calculations*/
Var T1 = CALCULATETABLE(
SUMMARIZE(Productions, /*Table*/
Productions[ProductionId],Productions[ProductionStatus] /*Group by*/
)
,Productions[ProductionStatus]<>"Ended" && Productions[ProductionStatus] <> "Finished") /*Filters*/)
Return

SUMX(T1,
Var Result =CALCULATE([BudgetHours] - [Actual production hours])
Return

IF(Result<0,0,Result)

Query2 (60 seconds)

Remaining Hours test:= 
/*Create a smaller table, before i do calculations*/
Var T1 = CALCULATETABLE(
SUMMARIZE(Productions, /*Table*/
Productions[ProductionId],Productions[ProductionStatus] /*Group by*/
)
,Productions[ProductionStatus]<>"Ended" && Productions[ProductionStatus] <> "Finished") /*Filters*/
Return

IF(HASONEVALUE(Productions[ProductionId]),

/*If true (single line)*/
CALCULATE([Forkalkulerede timer by created Date] - [Actual production hours],Productions[ProductionStatus] <> "ended" && Productions[ProductionStatus]<>"Finished"),

SUMX(T1,
Var Result =CALCULATE([BudgetHours] - [Actual production hours])
Return

IF(Result<0,0,Result)

) )

BI15-09-2020 slet.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You might consider providing your dummy pbix that would be helpful for us to investigate it further. 

You can upload it to the onedrive for business and share the link here. please don't forget to disclose the expected results and remove the confidential info.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , what ar formula for [BudgetHours] , [Actual production hours].

What are you trying to do with hasonevalue

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak,

The HASONEVALUE is to return 2 different results.
If there is only 1 production i.e. we are inside the table, it should return [BudgetHours] - [Actual Hours] (this will either return a postive or negative number)

But if there are 2+ i.e. we are in the "sum" part of the table. it should return a SumX, where  [BudgetHours] - [Actual Hours] is returned for each row. However rows with a negative number will be set to 0.

Nothing fancy in  [BudgetHours] and [Actual production hours].
Actual production hours:= SUM(ProcessingTransactions[Hours])
BudgetHours:=SUM(Routes[BudgetHours])

Output looks like this. BudgetHours column is all to the right. The sum of the column is around 3500, but since i'm couting negative columns as 0, the value returns as 4195,65. This is due to the HASONEVALUE.

BI15-09-2020 slet.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.