Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ajin Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dax measure help

Hi Guys, 

I have a scenario where i have to create a billings and backlog report. Hence i need a dax measure to pick order numbers where there is a corresponding invoice amount and exempt those where there aren't. ( Also what is the dax function to make a column as a measure, like if i want to make invoice amount a measure i can use sum[invoice number] like that there is another function which i have used earlier but forgot, where the values remain just as it is only tht the column is made a measure for dax calculations.

Thanks

Aj

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Dax measure help

Hey,

your question, meaning your requirement seems pretty much unclear - at least to me.

For this reason you might consider to create an Excel workbook with different sheets, one or more that represent your raw data, after applying PowerQuery magic and one or more sheets that show the expected resul(s). This will help to avoid misunderstanding and will also reduce the effort others have to spent in providing a viable solution 

Upload the Excel file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link in this thread.

Please be aware that it is often a tightrope walk between the amount of data and reallife complexity. Try to create as few data as possible to answer your question, but as much data as necessary to show the complexity your are facing. 

Regards,

Tom 

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dax measure help

Hi @ajin,

I'm still a little confused about your requirement.

If it is convenient, could you share some data sample and your desired output so that I can understand your scenario better and get the solution?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 260 members 3,214 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: