Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax issue

Company ,    Product name
Tatamotors,        Tiago
Tatamotors ,       Alto
Tatamotors  ,     Nexo
Maruti ,              Ciaz
Maruti  ,            vagnour
Hundai  ,            I20
Hundai   ,          Creta

In above senario, Ihave to count total number of products by each company:

Below dax I have written but getting error as "The expression refrers to multiple column.Multiple columns can not be converted to a scalar value: Please suggest:

Groupby(Automobile,automobile[company],"Total number of Product", Countax(currentgroup(),automobile[product name]))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ashokkumarsah, 

GROUPBY() function return a table with the selected columns for the groupBy_columnName arguments and the grouped by columns designated by the name arguments. So you should create a new table, not a calculate column or measure.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ashokkumarsah, 

GROUPBY() function return a table with the selected columns for the groupBy_columnName arguments and the grouped by columns designated by the name arguments. So you should create a new table, not a calculate column or measure.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Not sure why itsn't working ? Hope you are trying it as a "New Table"

Test130Out = GROUPBY(Test130GroupCnt,Test130GroupCnt[Company],"ProductCount",COUNTAX(CURRENTGROUP(),Test130GroupCnt[ProductName]))

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.