Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hicham
Helper III
Helper III

Dax help measure !!

Hi,

I'm making a dax command to create a flag in a message like "present / no present"  so to do that I use data in column A and B, the two columns come from the same table named: table 1, in column A I have some letters and in column B I have their respective codes, like is shown in the picture below. The measure that I want to do is to create a third column that shows a message "present" if one letter from column A has code as Control and other codes (A1, A5...) from column B; and I would show also "no present" if one letter from column A has only code as Control from column B.             

Thank you! My best regards 231.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I understand your requirements correctly and you want to do this as a calculated column you could do something like the following

Attending Result = 
VAR colAvalue = 'Table 1'[Column A] 
VAR hasControl = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue && 'Table 1'[Column B] = "Control"))
VAR rowsInGroup = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue))
RETURN IF( hasControl = 1 && rowsInGroup > 1, "Present", "No present")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hicham
Helper III
Helper III

If I understand your requirements correctly and you want to do this as a calculated column you could do something like the following

Attending Result = 
VAR colAvalue = 'Table 1'[Column A] 
VAR hasControl = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue && 'Table 1'[Column B] = "Control"))
VAR rowsInGroup = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue))
RETURN IF( hasControl = 1 && rowsInGroup > 1, "Present", "No present")

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors