Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax help measure !!

Hi,

I'm making a dax command to create a flag in a message like "present / no present"  so to do that I use data in column A and B, the two columns come from the same table named: table 1, in column A I have some letters and in column B I have their respective codes, like is shown in the picture below. The measure that I want to do is to create a third column that shows a message "present" if one letter from column A has code as Control and other codes (A1, A5...) from column B; and I would show also "no present" if one letter from column A has only code as Control from column B.             

Thank you! My best regards 231.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I understand your requirements correctly and you want to do this as a calculated column you could do something like the following

Attending Result = 
VAR colAvalue = 'Table 1'[Column A] 
VAR hasControl = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue && 'Table 1'[Column B] = "Control"))
VAR rowsInGroup = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue))
RETURN IF( hasControl = 1 && rowsInGroup > 1, "Present", "No present")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand your requirements correctly and you want to do this as a calculated column you could do something like the following

Attending Result = 
VAR colAvalue = 'Table 1'[Column A] 
VAR hasControl = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue && 'Table 1'[Column B] = "Control"))
VAR rowsInGroup = COUNTROWS( FILTER('Table 1', 'Table 1'[Column A] = colAvalue))
RETURN IF( hasControl = 1 && rowsInGroup > 1, "Present", "No present")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors