Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Saryan

Dax function or formula to separate the timestamp from date

Hi All,

i have a table in powerpivot and in there i have a column (say column name mydate) which has dates in it (in date and time format), now i have added another column (say column name newdate)to the table and trying to bring the date which is the column A to column B, but i want to get rid of the timestamp from the date when it get copy to the column B, i have tried foramt(mydate,"MM/DD/YYYY"), but this is returning the date and time format but i want the it in short date format (without timestamp), please let me know if there any DAX function or formula which can help to separet the timestamp from the date ?

Regards,

Aryan

1 REPLY 1
TrebligC

In your PowerBI Get Data query, you should be able to either just duplicate your DateTime column, or create a custom column that uses the formula =[YourDateTimeColumn], then simply change the Type of that new column from DateTime to Date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.