Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hamdan1234
Helper III
Helper III

Dax formula not working after merging and appending

Hello,

I have table of courses that people take . Each course has life like it is for 36 months , and 24 months etc. I got a DAX formula given below which on the basis of course taken shows whether the person again need to do the course or is he/she is updated. I merged two tables of online and classroom courses and it was working. The formula is:

ValidUntillll =
VAR _0 = ADDCOLUMNS('Classroom Training',"ValidTill", 'Classroom Training'[Class End Date]+(CONVERT(LEFT('Classroom Training'[Training Matrix.Recurrence],2),INTEGER)*DIVIDE(365,12)))
RETURN
MAXX(_0,[ValidTill])
This was working fine then I appended and merged few more tables now the formulas is not giving any error but when I put it in the table I get the below error. 
The formula is:
ValidUntillll =
VAR _0 = ADDCOLUMNS('Classroom Training',"ValidTill", 'Classroom Training'[Class End Date]+(CONVERT(LEFT('Classroom Training'[Training Matrix.Recurrence],2),INTEGER)*DIVIDE(365,12)))
RETURN
MAXX(_0,[ValidTill])

dsffdd.PNG
The error is above one. Is their anything wrong that I am doing? Please improve my formula and get the right formula. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

From the error, I would guess that you have a row in the column Classroom Training'[Training Matrix.Recurrence] that start with "on".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamdan1234 

Is there any exception in your data? It seems that there are some text that cannot be converted to integers.

For example,

vxiaotang_0-1637649780641.png

the measure is OK, but once I put it into visual, the same prompt will appear.

vxiaotang_1-1637649860445.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

From the error, I would guess that you have a row in the column Classroom Training'[Training Matrix.Recurrence] that start with "on".

Yes I saw and found out there was a value of "once" in the column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.