Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tga
Regular Visitor

Dax Table for difference value in calender week and per tag

Hey community, I'm new to Power BI and I get a little confused because I'm missing or can't find the correct data modelling options like I do in excel.

Problem Explanation:

I got a table with Opening Date, Closing Date and Tag and I tried to get a line chart for every item in the table per tag per calender week. It should look something like this.

line-chart-per-tag.png

In Excel I created an Table with the calender weeks in one column and the other I fill with Excel "COUNTIFS (end date)" - "COUNTIFS (start date)"for every tag and calculate the difference value for every tag. This is much work.

Now I get the table direct into Power BI with the WEB API but I can't convert the data in a informat to display it correct.

The next problem is there could be 2 tags in one item and then I didn't get the tags I got a table. is it possible to convert the table in column to something like "entry 1, entry 2" and use them. Here I have a small cutout of my table.

table example.png

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tga,

From what I know, COUNTIFS function is used in the following format. While you use "COUNTIFS (end date)" and "COUNTIFS (start date)" in excel, I can't image the rules of calculation.

COUNTIFS(criteria_range1, criteria1, [criteria_range2, criteria2]…)

>>The next problem is there could be 2 tags in one item and then I didn't get the tags I got a table. is it possible to convert the table in column to something like "entry 1, entry 2" and use them. Here I have a small cutout of my table.

Actully, I am still confused about your requirement. If you want to convert row values to column headers, you can create a matrix visual, add the column as Column level. And please share more details, so that we can post solution which is close to what you want.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.