Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dats
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dax Studio issue Viewing Metrics

Hello,

I am currently trying out dax studio to check if it can bring some advantage to my work... 

So I have a pbix file on my desktop*. Now I started dax studio clicked on advanced and View Metrics. I almost instandly receive the message "Error viewing metrics: At least one error was detected. There was an unsupported dependency  detected"

Does anyone have an idea of what went wrong? What exactly is "Viewing Metrics" doing besides displaying table sizes..?

*the file retrieves the data from different places such through an api or network storage for which I at the moment don't have access to yet. Which is not a problem for viewing the visuals

5 REPLIES 5
dats
Resolver I
Resolver I

I stil don'  really know what the error message is suppose to say BUT updating power bi to the newest version did the trick!

thanks @selimovd for the help

dats
Resolver I
Resolver I

@selimovd 

Do you mean to savethe pbix file under a different name? I tried that and I am always receiving the same error message. 

For my understanding View Metrics only connects to the PBIX file and does not try to connect to the underlaying data on which the data model is based on?

dats
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @selimovd 

The data was imported into the pbix file. There is no live connection. The memory usage of the model and its connection or calculated columns is what I am trying to retrieve out of dax studio.

kr,

dats

Hey @dats ,

and you always get the error "Error viewing metrics: At least one error was detected. There was an unsupported dependency  detected"?

Maybe try to save the file as a new file and then connect again. But if you get the same error again, this seems to be a DAXStudio issue for me.

I would try to check if you find a similar issue in the DAXStudio Github or open one there:

Issues · DaxStudio/DaxStudio (github.com)

This is where the developers of the program are.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hello @dats ,

did you import the data to your PBIX file or do you have a direct or live connection to a data source?

In "View Metrics" you can get more details about the data models, like table size, column size, relationships, memory of the data model etc.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.