Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JosePintor
Frequent Visitor

Dax Queries "always" running in background - Power BI

Hello everybody!

I’ve an issue with performance in PBI and when tracing it in DAX Studio I saw lots of queries running and PowerBI Desktop was in standby.

I’ve the latest version of PBIX. October 2018, and I’m experiencing some strange behaviour with lots of DAX queries (hundreds of them!) working in background (tracing in DAX Studio), and affecting the performance of PBI.

Hope you can help me on this.

All those queries are automatic?!, and running repeatedly when I’m not doing anything in power bi desktop.

It seems that each of those queries create a temp table/list of all distinct items of each column from each table with LEN (column) < 100, and i've nothing in canvas to origin those queries. Well I’ve hundreds of columns in dozens of tables in one data model…  and I don’t understand what is the goal of this?!

Anyone knows why? There’s any way to stop this?

Exampe: EVALUATE SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(VALUES('Movimentos'[TerceiroSede]),LEN('Movimentos'[TerceiroSede])<=100),"valueColumn",'Movimentos'[TerceiroSede])

Screenshot.png

Once again thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
leokarpa
Frequent Visitor

same problem here.. anyone solved? 

Please help

Hi everyone,

Try to disbale this optin (Natural Language) in Power BI Desktop

Disable Natural language.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever figure this out? I am experiencing the same thing.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @JosePintor,

Check the video below regarding the Performance issues o Power BI, it's on the site of SQLBI the creators of the DAX Studio, can give you pointers on how to check what is happening.

https://www.sqlbi.com/tv/my-power-bi-report-is-slow-what-should-i-do/

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.