Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prash4030
Frequent Visitor

Dax PowerPivot Adding Measure

Hi, need help with creating measure

i'm trying to create a measure in powerpivot to add total of a measure to another measure. For example, in below table

i want to add total of Internal measure (with is 20 in this case) to Owned only for RSD.

OwnedInternal
IT2010
WPS2010
RSD10 

so, my new measure should look as per below table. (Final measure).

OwnedInternalFinal
IT201020
WPS201020
RSD10 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi prash4030,

Measure is already an aggregation value so I'm afraid you can't aggregation measure again. As a workaround, you may convert measure [Internal] to calculate columns, than create a calculate columns using DAX formula below:

Final = 
VAR total = SUM('Table'[Internal])
VAR Own_RSD = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Owned]), FILTER(ALL('Table'), 'Table'[Category] = "RSD"))
RETURN
IF('Table'[Category] = "RSD", total + Own_RSD, total)

Capture.PNG  

You may also refer to the sample pbix file.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi prash4030,

Measure is already an aggregation value so I'm afraid you can't aggregation measure again. As a workaround, you may convert measure [Internal] to calculate columns, than create a calculate columns using DAX formula below:

Final = 
VAR total = SUM('Table'[Internal])
VAR Own_RSD = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Owned]), FILTER(ALL('Table'), 'Table'[Category] = "RSD"))
RETURN
IF('Table'[Category] = "RSD", total + Own_RSD, total)

Capture.PNG  

You may also refer to the sample pbix file.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

thank you so much. it worked. thank you

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @prash4030

I would need to see the code for your measures [Owned] and [Internal] but if I make a guess on what they look like, let's try this:

Final =
CALCULATE ( [Internal], All[Table1] )
    + CALCULATE ( [Owned], KEEPFILTERS ( Table1[FirstField] = "RSD" ) )

where Table1 is the name of the table with your data and FirstField is the name of the column containing "RSD", "IT", etc.

Always show the structure of your tables with names so it is easier for people to help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.